Angel Food Cake
Angel Food Cake is a delightful airy cake, fluffy like a cloud, with a white light crumb and a golden crisp crust that is simply amazing. It pairs well with fresh berries and a bit of whipped cream or ice cream on the side.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes about 10 servings
1 1/4 cups (300g) egg whites (from about 10 large eggs)
1 1/2 cups (300g) fine sugar, divided
1 cup (120g) cake flour
1 1/4 tsp (5g) cream of tartar
1/2 tsp (3g) salt
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
1/2 tsp (3g) almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180C).
2. Sift together the cake flour with 1 cup (200g) of sugar. Set aside until ready to use.
3. Place the egg whites in a large bowl, and whip on medium-high speed until foamy. Add the cream of tartar, salt, vanilla and almond extract.
4. Continue whipping until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup (100g) of sugar. Whip until stiff peaks.
5. Gradually sift in the flour sugar mixture and fold in after each addition.
6. Pour the batter into an ungreased 10 inch (25cm) tube pan with removable bottom.
7. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets and smooth the top.
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Invert pan immediately. Let cool completely for about 1-2 hours.
10. Remove the cake from the pan and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
11. Slice using a serrated knife and serve with fresh berries and whipped cream.
Background music: Vacation by Eill (Summer) Artlist