Myanmar (Burma) - A Travel Story
My first travel video. I'm happy that I finally did it after talking about it for years.
This is a sneak peek into our holiday to Myanmar (Burma) in November of 2015. What an amazing trip it was for all of us who went on this 10 day trip across this wonderful country. This was also the time when the first democratic elections were being held in Burma after 50yrs of Military rule. We witnessed history in the making.
The list of places we visited:
1. We started with Yangon and spent a couple of day here. Visited to the famous Shwedagon pagoda and the bustling Chinatown where we enjoyed some of the delicious food that this city has to offer.
2. On to Inle lake for 3 days. You could explore it on the boat, as part of the full-day or half day trip but you can also go biking around the lake, explore the country side around the periphery of the lake. A fascinating place.
3. Bagan was indeed the favorite part of the trip. Hundreds of pagodas stretched across many a mile. We took the electric bikes to explore this vast area. You could also go for a balloon ride to get an aerial view. Balloon trips happen at sunrise as well as at sunset (I think).
4. Mandalay - This is the cultural capital of the country. There is a lot to see in and around this town but we mostly went around visiting workshops where you can see artists working their magic. We ended the day with sunset at the famous U bein bridge (not included in the video as I ran out of battery).
- Shot (mostly) on my Nikon D750.
- Lenses used: Nikon 50mm f1.8, Sigma 10-20mm (DX Lens), Nikon 24-70mm f2.8, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 (used rarely)
- Editing: Adobe Premier Pro
Most of it was shot handheld and stabilized in Premier Pro. I have a long way to go before capturing stable video handheld.
"Breakthrough" -by Tony Anderson
This is where you can license this amazing track from:
Thanks also to the Youtube channel "Amazing Places on Our Planet" for allowing me use a bit (around 15 seconds) of their video of the balloon ride in Bagan. My video would've been incomplete without your help.
Here is a link to the Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channe....l/UCYWJ32GJbOgtzU2uH